Our Consulting Practice has developed and patented reusable intellectual capital, including many offerings and tools. This allows us to quickly assist Senior Leadership in raising the awareness of financial management and control issues. Our robust methodology expedites the development and implementation of a custom solution for each client, depending on Initial Assessment findings. Our patented reusable intellectual capital includes:
- process redesign templates
- financial controls
- facilitated workshop approach
- role descriptions
- prioritized checklists
During the Consulting engagement we can also offer Hourly Advisory Services related to underlying legacy and future software solutions, technology, organizational structure, and processes (recommendations only: no decision-making).
In our capacity as Management Consultant we will take no action and make no decisions that are the responsibility of client management.
Consider our Self-Assessment Questionnaire (available below).
Or jump-start your consulting engagement with a more robust Initial Risk Assessment. This short consulting project takes 4-5 days of on-site work by a one-to-two person Consulting Team, plus about 2 days of off-site follow-up. The detailed findings provide our clients with valuable action items to improve financial stability and protect property, people, and financial assets. We offer an on-site Initial Risk Assessment by a discreet Certified Fraud Examiner. Many are shocked to learn that in 1 of 3 organizations the resulting detailed report normally finds:
Our Initial Risk Assessment includes:
- Assessment of internal controls
- Potential fraud risk identification
- Personal and physical security observations
- Identification of separation-of-duties problems
- Resolution of accounting problems in the books
Based on the findings of your Initial Risk Assessment, we provide each client with a customized proposal for a follow-on Consulting Engagement to address any relevant findings that often includes:
- Best Practice integration of internal controls into financial processes
- Process Design/Redesign and Role Descriptions to clearly document how financial matters should be conducted
- Fraud investigations and fraud deterrence design
- Accounting software review, selection, and implementation
We will propose a customized mix and depth of the below activities-- with related deliverables-- for your organization.
Please answer our Self-Assessment Questionnaire...
Are you a good candidate for our services?
Please download and complete this questionnaire, then return completed version to us for an immediate one-hour Initial Consultation at no cost to you.
Download this Questionnaire file here:
Next Steps, IF you answered: “Yes” to 5 or more Questions:
1. Initiate a Church Leadership meeting to discuss this topic.
2. Determine level of Leadership interest and/or need to address this issue.
3. Contact us to schedule a free Initial Phone Consultation.
4. Determine if you are a good fit for an Initial On-Site Assessment.
5. Conduct Initial On-Site Assessment.
6. Based on Assessment findings, request Consulting Proposal.
7. Retain us for Consulting Engagement.
8. Work with us to design and implement a custom solution.
Our solution is a “How To” cookbook approach designed to:
- Identify underlying financial risks at each church
- Assess and prioritize risks at each church
- Design processes to address, mitigate, and eliminate risks
- Clarify & educate stakeholders on their roles and responsibilities
- Establish and maintain proper levels of accountability
- Ensure separation of duties
- Record and protect church assets
- Implement financial controls and supporting processes
- Introduce new technology as needed
- Ensure that checks and balances are in place and tested
- Provide ongoing and consistent oversight on a regular basis
- Leave in place a blueprint that is documented